Travelling for 7 days with just 7 kgs
Many travellers do not make complete use of the full 25 to 30 kg of baggage they are allowed to check – in. The idea of being able to trot the globe with just 7 kgs of cabin baggage is the most appealing to them. This article will give you some tips about how to pack your baggage most efficiently.
Think about prohibited items
It is not easy to pack everything that you will need for seven days in just one bag. Such adept packing takes a lot of thought and preparation.
- It is always a good idea to take a look at the stuff that is prohibited for carry – on luggage. In many places, you will not be allowed to carry liquids in jars or bottles more than 100ml. you will have to carry them through customs in transparent plastic bags.
- If you are finicky about the soap and shampoo you use, then be prepared to make some really tough decisions. However, solid shampoo and soap are a good idea for they take up less space.
- Spare a moment to think about sharp objects – like Swiss army knives, scissors, blades, etc. it is prudent to leave them at home. You can, after all, buy them at your destination and donate them later to people.
What should you take?
This is where you ought to make a list. It is not wise to take things “just because” as they will just add to your luggage weight. It is, therefore, a good idea to know what you want to do or see, and then work backwards and figure out the essentials required to achieve those things.
- It is impossible to do without shoes, but they tend to take up a lot of space. You will need to survive on just a couple of pairs – you wear one and carry one.
- Pack lightweight clothes and wear the heavy stuff. If you have a pair of heavy boots that you will need for mountaineering, then wear them on the plane instead of packing them.
The best way of getting the most out of your restricted carry – on luggage weight is to use multi – purpose items and knowing the things that can be carried on board without adding to the weight too much.
How to pack?
Here are some ways of making the most out of limited space:
- Roll your clothes tightly instead of folding them. You will not only save on space, but also avoid excessive creasing.
- Always distribute evenly the thicker parts of garments as you roll. This will prevent uneven lumps that will only make it more difficult to zip it up.
- Don't fold items, instead roll clothes together tightly – this method not only increases space, but also decreases the amount of creasing.
- Pack your smaller garments and socks in your shoes and save space.
And lastly, weigh your bag before you leave for the airport. Do not fret if you have forgotten something. After all, you can always buy them at your destination!
About FLYeasy: FLYeasy will connect various cities from across India to its home base at Bangalore, offering a unique combination of direct connections. Our connections are delivered through our modern, state of the art E-jets, which are quiet, and comfortable. With the widest seats and longest legroom in class, short boarding times, no middle seats, and complimentary on board food/snacks service, we only keep adding more value to your travel. We value your time, and money. To read more, click here.